Nathaniel Britt, II
Height: 6’1” (185 cm)
Weight: 158 lbs. (72 kg)
School: Gonzaga High School '13
Hometown: Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Named to the USA 2012 Men’s FIBA Americas U18 Championship Team on June 9.
- Has verbally committed to attend and play for the University of North Carolina in 2013-14.
- Named Gatorade Washington D.C. Player of the Year after his sophomore season in 2011.
- Participated in the 2012 All-American Championship on April 1 in New Orleans, La. and led all players with six assists, in addition to scoring seven points on 3-of-9 shooting.
- Selected All-Met second team by the Washington Post in 2012.
- Named All-Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC) first team in 2012 and 2011.
- Selected All-Met first team by the Washington Post in 2011.
- Named All-WCAC honorable mention as a freshman in 2010.
High School Notes
- As a junior in 2011-12, averaged 15.8 ppg. and 6.2 apg. to lead Gonzaga High School in Washington, D.C. to a 26-7 record, eclipsing the 1,000-point mark for his career during the season.
- As a sophomore in 2010-11, averaged 13.5 ppg., 5.2 apg., 4.0 rpg. and 3.7 spg. as he led the Eagles to a 24-7 record and the 2011 WCAC championship game.
- Also plays AAU for the D.C. Assault.
- Born on Jan. 13, 1994.
- Parents are Melody and Nathaniel Britt. Has one sister, Natalya (16).
- Also played football and soccer at Gonzaga.
- Donates his time as a youth basketball instructor.
- Volunteers at a local homeless shelter.
- This left-hander wears number 0 because: It reminds me that people always counted me out and said I wouldn’t amount to anything.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: Football.
- Favorite food: Honey glazed salmon.
- Favorite subject: Science.
- Favorite basketball player: Rajon Rondo/Kyrie Irving.
- Favorite Olympian: LeBron James.
- Most played song on iPod: Anything by Drake, J. Cole or Rihanna.
- Piece of clothing you can’t live without: Cargos.
- Best player you’ve ever played against: Brandon Jennings.
- Player, past or present, you compare your game to: Rajon Rondo/Kyrie Irving.
- Most impressive person you’ve met: Eddie Jordan because of his knowledge of the game.
- Away from the court you enjoy: Hanging out with friends.
- Most people don’t know: I can draw.
- Superstitions: Splitting the pole, hats on the bed.