FIBA Coach License Requirements
FIBA Coaching Library | FIBA's Coaches Corner
FIBA Approved Coaches Program
Any U.S. coach that meets all of the following criteria is eligible to become a FIBA Approved Coach and receive a FIBA Coaches License:
- Must have at least five (5) years of coaching experience (either as a head coach, assistant coach or combined) at a professional, collegiate or scholastic member of USA Basketball and/or must have been selected by USA Basketball to serve a coaching staff of a national team.
The applicable member organizations are as follows:
- Continental Basketball Association (CBA)
While the CBA ceased operations in 2009, experience earned in this league prior to 2009 will still count towards this criteria.
- National Basketball Association (NBA)
- National Basketball Association G League (NBGL)
Formerly the National Basketball Association Development League (NBDL)
- Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
- Must have coached five (5) of the last fifteen (15) years at a professional, collegiate or scholastic member of USA Basketball.
- Must provide appropriate documentation of coaching experience with appropriate references.
- Must have a USA Basketball Coach License. - To begin this process click here - https://community.usab.com/
- Must have no conflicts of interest as determined by USA Basketball with regard to their position of being a FIBA Approved Coach.
- Must be a current citizen of the United States of America.
If you meet all of the above criteria, please complete the Coach Information Form (PDF) and submit along with a $100.00 administration fee to USA Basketball:
Attn: FIBA Coach License
27 South Tejon Street, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903