FIBA Coach License Requirements
FIBA Coaching Library | FIBA's Coaches Corner
FIBA Approved Coaches Program
Any U.S. coach that meets all of the following criteria is eligible to become a FIBA Approved Coach and receive a FIBA Coaches License:
- Must have at least five (5) years of coaching experience (either as a head coach, assistant coach or combined) at a professional, collegiate or scholastic member of USA Basketball and/or must have been selected by USA Basketball to serve a coaching staff of a national team.
The applicable member organizations are as follows:
Continental Basketball Association (CBA)
National Basketball Association (NBA)
National Basketball Association Development League (NBDL)
Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
- Must have coached five (5) of the last fifteen (15) years at a professional, collegiate or scholastic member of USA Basketball.
- Must provide appropriate documentation of coaching experience with appropriate references.
- Must have a USA Basketball Coach License. - To begin this process click here - https://community.usab.com/
- Must have no conflicts of interest as determined by USA Basketball with regard to their position of being a FIBA Approved Coach.
- Must be a current citizen of the United States of America.
If you meet all of the above criteria, please complete the Coach Information Form (PDF)
and submit along with a $75.00 administration fee to USA Basketball:
Attn: FIBA Coach License
5465 Mark Dabling Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80918