2018 USA U17 Women's World Cup Team Trials Information
USA Basketball is excited to announce the application process for the 2018 USA U17 World Cup Team trials. As in the past, the 2018 USA U17 World Cup Team trials includes an invitation component and an application process. The USA Basketball Developmental National Team Committee is responsible for all facets of trials and team selection. Accordingly, the committee will determine approximately 35 athletes to receive an invitation to attend trials. Those athletes will receive their invitation by mid-March. All interested athletes, regardless of receiving an invitation or not, had the opportunity to apply to attend the trials by submitting an application no later than 5 p.m. MT on April 3. Due to space limitations, a maximum of 115 applicant athletes will be permitted to attend the trials, as determined by the committee. Athletes will be notified of the committee’s decision to attend the trials by April 13.
2018 FIBA U17 World Cup
The 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup will be held July 21–29 in Minsk, Belarus. Trials to select the finalists for the12-member team will be held May 24-28 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The finalists will remain in Colorado Springs for training camp and team finalization.
Players eligible for this team must be U.S. citizens born on or after January 1, 2001.
Training Camp will include a variety of practices, scrimmages and friendly games as follows:
|May 24-28||Trials to select team finalists||U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|May 28-31||Training camp to finalize the 12-member team||U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|July 4-20||Training camp||U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Europe TBD|
|July 21-29||2018 FIBA U17 World Cup||Minsk, Belarus|
- Trials sessions will include individual skills work, a 3x3 tournament and scrimmage opportunities.
- Applicant athletes and invitation athletes will participate together in the same trials sessions.
- The number of trials participants will be reduced at any time following the first two scrimmage opportunities.
- USA Basketball will be responsible for all expenses of invited trials participants, finalists and the final 12-member team.
- Athletes who are applicants are responsible for the following:
- Arranging and paying for own transportation (air and local ground), lodging and meals (Note: it is recommended that applicant athletes wait until the confirmation of April 13 before purchasing airline tickets or lodging)
- $80 registration fee, received no later than April 3 with completed application
- Statement from physician medically clearing participation (high school physicals within last school year will be accepted)
- Possession of a current U.S. Passport
- The USA Basketball Developmental National Team Committee will determine trials participants should the number of applications exceed the number of available spaces. In this case, those not selected to attend will have their registration fee refunded.
- Trials participants will be confirmed by April 13. Following that date, the registration fee is non-refundable. A trials schedule will be provided with notice of confirmation.
- If an athlete applies to attend and then receives an invitation, the registration fee will be refunded.
- If an athlete applied to attend trials in the past, call Ohemaa Nyanin (719-590-4800) for further information regarding how to apply this year.
|Mid-March||Invitations sent to invited athletes|
|April 3||Applications due for applicant athletes (Application process closed at 5 p.m. MDT)
|April 13||Committee confirms applicant athletes to participate|