Speaker Lineup Announced for USA Basketball Cleveland Coach Academy
The lineup of speakers for the USA Basketball Cleveland Coach Academy – presented by Nike – today was announced and the Aug. 25-26 event at University School in Hunting Valley, Ohio, will feature high school coaches, NCAA mentors and gold medal winning USA Basketball coaches.
Registration for the USA Basketball Cleveland Coach Academy is available online.
USA Basketball coach academies provide valuable insight and education to coaches and administrators of basketball. Expected to present at the academy are:
- Jamelle Elliott, collegiate women’s basketball coach
- Eric Flannery, boys basketball head coach at St. Edward High School (Ohio) and a gold-medal winning USA Basketball assistant coach
- Robyn Fralick, women’s basketball head coach at Bowling Green State University
- Lindsay Huddleston, consultant at Sport Psychology Solutions
- Norm Persin, boys basketball head coach at Oak Hill High School (Ohio)
- Dr. Matthew Robinson, professor and director of international coaching apprenticeship at the University of Delaware
- Don Showalter, coach director, youth division at USA Basketball and a nine-time gold medalist USA Basketball head coach at the helm of the USA U16 and U17 national teams since 2009
- Pete Van Mullem, associate professor of sport administration and coaching at Lewis-Clark State College
- Greg White, boys basketball coach at Bentonville West High School (Ark.)
Academy sessions impart to coaches of all levels the USA Basketball curriculum for a proper skill development path to teach basketball to children of all ages and ability levels. Guest speakers deliver on- and off-court sessions on basketball and leadership topics. More speakers are expected to be added to the schedule.
Registration is $185 and includes on- and off-court presentations, Nike/USA Basketball gift items, catered meals, a USA Basketball memorabilia viewing, networking time and training for a USA Basketball 2017-18 coach license.
USA Basketball gold-licensed coaches are eligible for discounted registration, and offers are available for groups of 10 or more. Additionally, the first 50 registrants will receive an advanced registration discount of 25 percent off.
More information, including all 2018 locations, frequently asked questions and links to registration, is available online.