Speakers Announced for Three-Day USA Basketball Las Vegas Coach Academy
The lineup of speakers for the USA Basketball Las Vegas Coach Academy – presented by Nike – today was announced and the July 25-27 event in Las Vegas will feature high school coaches and administrators, NCAA coaches and gold medal winning USA Basketball coaches.
Las Vegas is the only USA Basketball coach academy stop that is a three-day event. The first day on July 25 includes sessions from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and a 7-9 p.m. reception (all times listed are local PDT), which take place at The W Hotel and SLS Las Vegas. The evening reception will occur in the SLS Sayers Club. Sessions continue at Boulder City High School in Boulder City, Nevada, on July 26 and July 27.
Registration for the USA Basketball Las Vegas Coach Academy is available online.
USA Basketball coach academies provide valuable insight and education to coaches and administrators of basketball. Expected to present are:
- Natasha Adair, women’s basketball head coach at the University of Delaware and a court coach at the 2017 USA Women's U19 World Cup Team Trials
- Rob Brost, boys basketball head coach at Bolingbrook High School (Ill.)
- Raphael Chillious, collegiate men’s basketball coach
- Kevin Eastman, former NBA assistant coach and director of operations
- Barry Hecker, former NBA coach
- Chris Holtmann, men’s basketball head coach at The Ohio State University
- Billy Lange, assistant coach for the NBA Philadelphia 76ers
- Dave Severns, pro personnel scout for the Los Angeles Clippers
- Don Showalter, USA Basketball coach director, youth division and a nine-time gold medal winning coach of USA men’s U16 and U17 national teams since 2009
- Danielle Viglione, Sacramento Skills Academy co-owner
- Greg White, boys basketball head coach Bentonville West High School (Ark.)
- Brendan Winters, Pro Skills Basketball co-founder
Academy sessions impart to coaches of all levels the USA Basketball curriculum for a proper skill development path to teach basketball to children of all ages and ability levels. Guest speakers deliver on- and off-court sessions on basketball and leadership topics.
Registration includes the evening social reception, on- and off-court presentations, Nike/USA Basketball gift items, catered meals, a USA Basketball memorabilia viewing, networking time and training for a USA Basketball 2017-18 coach license.
USA Basketball gold-licensed coaches are eligible for discounted registration, and offers are available for groups of 10 or more.
More information, including all 2018 locations, frequently asked questions and links to registration, is available online.