2020 USA Women's U17 World Cup Team Trials Information
USA Basketball is excited to announce the open application trials process for the 2020 USA Women's U17 World Cup Team. The 2020 USA U17 World Cup Team Trials will include an application process in addition to an invitation component. The USA Basketball Developmental National Team Committee is responsible for all facets of trials and team selection. Accordingly, the committee will determine approximately 35 athletes to receive an invitation to attend trials. Those athletes will receive their invitation by March 6. All interested athletes, regardless of receiving an invitation or not, may apply to attend the trials by submitting an application no later than April 3. Due to space limitations, a maximum of 115 applicant athletes will be permitted to attend the trials, as determined by the committee. Athletes will be notified of the committee’s decision to attend the trials by April 13.
2020 FIBA U17 World Cup
The 2020 FIBA U17 World Cup will be held from August 15-23 at Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Trials to select finalists for the 12-member team will be held May 21-25, with final team selection on May 29, at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Players eligible for this team must be U.S. citizens born on or after January 1, 2003. Training camp will include a variety of practices and scrimmages as follows:
|May 21-25||Trials to select finalists
||U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO|
|May 25-29||Training camp to finalize team||USOPTC, Colorado Springs, CO|
|July 29-Aug. 14
||Training camp||USOPTC, Colorado Springs, CO, and International location(s) TBD
||FIBA U17 World Cup
||Return Home||Upon conclusion of the tournament.|
- Trials sessions will include individual skills, a 3x3 tournament and scrimmage opportunities.
- Applicant athletes and invitation athletes will participate together in the same trials sessions.
- The number of trials participants will be reduced at any time following the first two scrimmage opportunities.
- USA Basketball will be responsible for all expenses of invited trials participants, finalists (after an athlete has been selected as a finalist) and the final 12-member team.
- Athletes who are applicants are responsible for the following:
- Arranging and paying for own transportation (air and local ground), lodging and meals
- Note: it is recommended that applicant athletes wait until the confirmation of April 13 before purchasing airline tickets or lodging
- $80 registration fee, received no later than April 3 with completed online application (no checks/money orders will be accepted)
- Statement from physician medically clearing participation (high school physicals within last school year will be accepted)
- Possession of a current U.S. Passport
- The USA Basketball Developmental National Team Committee will determine trials participants should the number of applications exceed the number of available spaces. In this case, those not selected to attend will have their registration fee refunded.
- Trials participants will be confirmed by April 13. Following that date, the registration fee is non-refundable. A trials schedule will be provided with notice of confirmation.
- If an athlete applies to attend and then receives an invitation, the registration fee will be refunded.
||Invitations sent to invited athletes|
|April 3||Applications due for applicant athletes|
|April 13||Committee confirms applicant athletes to participate|
Further information is available by emailing Briana Weiss or calling 719-590-4800.
Please click the link below to proceed to the Registration Portal.
Note: You will be able to create your account via the ”Don’t have an account? Register” button found at the bottom of the white login box. Once you have created your account you will then need to login with your respective credentials to proceed.
Even if an athlete applied to attend trials in the past, she must register on this new site. Please contact the USA U17 World Cup Team Trials coordinator, Briana Weiss for further information regarding how to apply this year.