Three EuroLeague Teams Remain Unbeaten After Third Week of Games
USA athletes continue to stand out among Europe’s best as the 16-team EuroLeague caps its third week of action, which saw Perfumerias Avenida, with the addition of Katie Lou Samuelson, UMMC Ekaterinburg and Sopron Basket remain undefeated in the third week of play. The EuroCup, which is comprised of 48 teams, held its second week of games. With only six more games to play before the playoffs begin, every contest is crucial in the playoff hunt.
- Ariel Atkins posted 14 points, five assists and seven steals and Joyner Holmes put up 25 points on 7-of-11 from the field and a perfect 8-of-8 from the charity stripe in a 117-83 BC Prometey loss to Uni Gyor, which saw Beatrice Mompremier score 11 points for the winning team.
- Kaela Davis, who shot 14-of-16 from the field, had game-highs of 31 points and 10 rebounds to help power Tenerife to an 82-64 victory over Banco Sardegna Sassari, which received 23 points from Jessica Shepard.
- Tiffany Hayes scored 24 points and passed out seven assists in a 98-75 win over UMCS.
- N’Dea Jones had 18 points and 14 rebounds in a WBC Enisey 69-61 loss to Panathinaikos A.C.
- Stephanie Mavunga posted 25 points and 14 rebounds to lead MKS Polkowice to an 83-72 win over Hatayspor, which received a 19-point, 10-rebound performance from Kalani Brown and 18 points from Aaryn Ellenberg-Wiley.
- Kelsey Mitchell’s game-high 29 points was not enough to help Neve David Ramla to victory as it fell 79-64 to Nesibe Aydin. Mitchell’s 27.5 points per game ranks second in the EuroCup.
- Teaira McCowan posted game-highs of 19 points and 16 rebounds as Orman Genclik took a 70-52 win over Lodovika-FCSM CSATA.
- Destiny Slocum scored a game-high 20 points to go with four assists in a 71-63 Bellona Kayseri victory over NKA Universitas PEAD.
2021-22 EuroLeague Regular Season Standings & Week 3 Games
|Group A||W-L||Group B||W-L|
|Perfumerias Avenida||3-0||Sopron Basket||3-0|
|UMMC Ekaterinburg||3-0||Dynamo Kursk||2-1|
|ZVVZ USK Prague||2-1||Spar Girona||2-1|
|Umana Reyer||1-2||Beretta Famila Schio||1-2|
|TTT Riga||1-2||Fenerbahce Safiport||1-2|
|KSC Szekszard||0-3||VBW Arka Gdynia||0-3|
ZVVZ USK Prague 83, KSC Szekszard
Brionna Jones scored 18 points and Alyssa Thomas added 14 points and 10 rebounds to help ZVVZ USK Prague (2-1) to an 83-56 victory over winless KSC Szekszard (0-3).
Galatasaray 71, VBW Arka Gdynia 60
With the aid of a team-best 16 points from Riquna Williams, Galatasaray picked up its first win of the season with a 71-60 finish over VBW Arka Gdynia, which received a game-high 26 points and 10 rebounds from Megan Gustafson. Gustafson has averaged 26.0 ppg. in two games to lead all EuroLeague scorers early in the season.
Perfumerias Avenida 71, Umana Reyer 56
Samuelson made her EuroLeague season debut by scoring a game-high 16 points to go with five boards and a pair of assists in leading Perfumerias Avenida to a 71-56 win over Umana Reyer. Kayla Thornton and Serbian Yvonne Anderson scored 14 points apiece in the loss.
Sopron Basket 67, Beretta Famila Schio 58
With the score tied at 36-all at the half, a 20-12 third-quarter burst helped propel Sopron Basket to a 67-58 victory over Beretta Famila Schio. Hungarian Bernadett Hatar (25 points) and Gabby Williams (17 points) aided Sopron to victory.
UMMC Ekaterinburg 92, BLMA 73
Defending champion UMMC Ekaterinburg jumped to a 34-11 lead after the first period and rolled to a 92-73 victory over BLMA. Ekat had five players score in double figures, led by 20 points from Alex Bentley and 19 from Jonquel Jones, who played in her first EuroLeague contest this season, while BLMA had four score in double digits, including 12 points from Haley Peters.
Basket Landes 78, Dynamo Kursk 75
After Arike Ogunbowale scored to pull her team to within a point, 76-75, with seven seconds remaining in the game, Basket Landes, led by 16 points from France’s Celine Dumerc, held off Dynamo Kursk in the final seconds and earned the 78-75 victory. Ogunbowale finished with a team second-best 17 points and Natasha Howard added 14 points and six rebounds in the loss.
Spar Girona 71, Fenerbahce 59
Kennedy Burke poured in 28 points on 10-of-17 from the field and added seven rebounds and three steals to lead Spar Girona to a 71-59 victory over Fenerbahce. Girona also received 12 points and 10 caroms from Rebekah Gardner, while Elizabeth Williams posted 15 points and 15 boards and Kayla McBride added 12 points for Fener.
TTT Riga 64, MBA Moscow 59
Jasmine Thomas posted 19 points to power TTT Riga to its first win of the season, a 64-59 finish over MBA Moscow. Thomas also added five rebounds and four assists.