The Receptionist serves as the first point of contact for all visitors to USA Basketball. This employee should represent USA Basketball in a professional manner while being welcoming to all who visit or call. Responsibilities include answering multi-line phones, greeting visitors, and working on assigned projects using Microsoft Office products. To be a success in this part-time position, you will need to be reliable, professional, and able to work approximately 10:00am to 2:00pm Monday through Friday, ideally with the flexibility to possibly work longer as needed.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, possess strong communication skills and be computer proficient.
- Provides administrative support, such as taking and delivering messages or transferring calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable; accepts mail and special delivery packages; typing, filing, faxing as necessary.
- Understand and follow receptionist processes and procedures involving greeting all guests upon entry and obtaining name and nature of business in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Familiarize yourself with department structures and internal procedures for assisting callers efficiently.
- Communicates effectively and politely with all callers, guests, colleagues and executives while maintaining confidentiality at appropriate times.
- Exhibits an ability to react with urgency and efficiency to organizational needs.
- Ability to cross train to assist other departments with overflow work.
- Maintains a personable attitude and professional appearance.
- Assists with general needs of the organization and completing other administrative duties as assigned.
- Physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds.
- Customer service driven, enthusiastic individual who has an attention to detail and is able to multitask and follow directions.
- Prior work experience as a Receptionist (2 years preferred), Office Assistant or similar role (1 year preferred).
- Approach others in a tactful manner and maintain confidentiality when appropriate.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently report to work on time.
- This position is part-time and the hours are approximately 10:00am – 2:00pm Monday through Friday, with the knowledge that additional hours may be requested upon short notice to cover for other staffer’s illness/vacation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have a reliable means of communication (i.e. phone/email) and transportation.
Applicant must successfully pass a USA Basketball background screen and complete SafeSport training.
Apply via email to email@example.com, using subject line Part-Time Receptionist and include résumé and cover letter. No phone calls please.