USA Basketball, the national governing body in the United States for the sport of basketball, is seeking applicants for a paid video production internship in its digital department. The position is an eight-month appointment, beginning in mid-January 2019 and concluding in September 2019. Some flexibility on the beginning and ending dates does exist.
- Assist USA Basketball video content director and USA Basketball’s overall communications effort and the publicizing of USA Basketball and its men's and women's basketball teams, which in 2019 will include the USA Men's National and World Cup teams; USA men’s and women’s U19 World Cup teams; FIBA Americas U16 Championship teams; FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup teams; Nike Hoop Summit; and additional events, team trials, training camps and youth events.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for various video content creation assignments including filming and editing for USA Basketball team and event highlights, feature video stories and conducting interviews. The content will be used on USAB.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. In addition, the selected candidate will also assist in media management, satisfying various footage requests, and other duties as assigned.
- It is preferred that candidates already have earned a bachelor's degree, or in 2018-19 be entering their senior year of college.
- Candidate should have proven ability to operate a variety of video production equipment, edit videos, create graphics as needed, and work to meet deadlines with a fast turnaround.
- Video production experience in a college/professional sports communications or digital department, or with a college television station; strong writing and editing skills; experience in creating content for social media platforms.
- Candidates must be able to conduct interviews with ease and confidence and have some knowledge in set design.
- Candidates should have ability to conceptualize projects in new and innovative ways.
- Experience with Mac-based operating system, Adobe Premiere Pro or similar video editing software, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- An hourly wage of $11.20 per hour for a minimum of 40 hours per week, with overtime paid for additional hours per week.
- USA Basketball is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which is approximately 70 miles south of Denver. USA Basketball consists of 25 full-time employees.
- Candidates should be highly motivated, well organized, knowledgeable of basketball and able to handle projects related to several teams at once. Extensive hours and availability to work weekends are required at times. Because many USA Basketball teams compete outside North America, some odd hours may be required. The selected candidate will need their own transportation and will need to secure their own housing.
- This is an excellent opportunity for applicants who desire to make a career in athletics video production.
- Interested candidates should send resume, references and three video samples to: Saudia Mitchell, USA Basketball, 27 South Tejon Street, Suite 100, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application deadline is 5 p.m. MST on Nov. 30, 2018.
- USA Basketball is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.