USA Basketball is committed to working inclusively with event operators to help bring structure, authenticity, standards and quality to the youth basketball environment. The Tournament Alliance is a network of tournaments recognized by USA Basketball for their commitment to upholding youth basketball standards and guidelines developed by USA Basketball and the NBA.
Alliance tournaments are selected by USA Basketball based on an application process. The 2019-20 Tournament Alliance application period is now open! To submit an application CLICK HERE.
USA Basketball Tournament Alliance Requirements
- Tournament primary contact and on-site tournament director must obtain a USA Basketball Coach License (either Gold or Associate license) prior to submitting application and maintain good standing throughout the tournament.
- Agree to abide by USA Basketball/NBA playing standards and guidelines.
- Require all coaches and bench personnel at tournament to obtain a USA Basketball Coach License (either Gold or Associate license).
- Participate on conference calls and communicate with USA Basketball, as needed.
- Submit a $1000 placeholder fee, which is fully refundable after successful completion of tournament under agreed upon standards.
- Full list of standards and requirements detailed in application and requires acknowledgement by signature.
USA Basketball Tournament Alliance Benefits
- Preferred listing on usab.com as a USA Basketball Tournament Alliance member.
- Use of select USA Basketball Alliance Tournament logo, as permitted and approved by USA Basketball.
- Inclusion in digital communication by USA Basketball through select channels to USA Basketball database.
- Preferential consideration for future opportunities to align with USA Basketball in the growth of the Tournament Alliance initiative.